Like carpets and mattresses, upholstery is another main source on which people spend most of their time relaxing and chilling. The upholstery or couch is one of the essential parts of our house and office premises which also affect the overall appearance of our office or home. Like carpets, these couches or sofa, etc. also daily face dirt, dust, germs, bacteria, etc. Further, these couches also get dirty due to various stains or dark spots due to coffee stains, food stains, mold, paint stains, etc. Due to all this, it becomes necessary to clean this dirty couch or upholstery. It’s difficult to clean all these heavy dirt, stains, and dark spot through normal daily couch or upholstery washing or cleaning. Due to all these most people find it difficult to properly clean the upholstery or couch on their own. Further, many people have various questions regarding cleaning couch like
• What is the best couch cleaner?
• How can I dry clean my sofa or couch at home?
• What to spray on the couch to disinfect it?
• How do you get the dirt out of a fabric couch? etc.
But don’t worry as here we Melbourne Clean Masters provide you with all the answers to these questions. Here our experts will tell you the various tricks and tips through which one can easily clean their couch without any problem on their own. These home ingredients based methods of couch cleaning are as following:
Method 1: Use of vinegar and dishwashing soap or detergent:
One can use this method for cleaning the fabric-based couch or upholstery. People have questions as to what is the best couch cleaner. This method act as the best homemade couch cleaner. It involves the following steps:
1. First, find out whether your couch or upholstery has any stain or dark spot. If found any they blot the stained or dirty area of the couch with some water and clean dry cloth.
2. Take a half cup of vinegar, half cup water, and 4-6 tablespoons of dishwashing liquid detergent and make a mixture of it.
3. Now, take a spray bottle and put this mixture into the spray bottle.
4. Spray this solution on the dirty area of the carpet and wait for a few minutes.
5. Again spray the solution and wait for a minimum of 15 minutes.
6. After that blot, the dirty area with a soft brush and wash off the couch.
7. One can use a vacuum cleaner or can place the couch in sun to make the upholstery or couch dry.
Method 2: Use of olive oil and vinegar:
For a leather-based couch or upholstery, one can use this vinegar and olive oil-based couch cleaning solution. Further, it can also be used to disinfect the couch. It involves the following steps:
1. First blot the dirty area of the couch with a clean dry cloth and some water.
2. Then take ¼ cup of olive oil and 4-8 tablespoons of vinegar and make a mixture of it.
3. Now put this mixture into a small spray bottle and spray it on the dirty or stained area of the couch.
4. Now, spray this solution on the stained or dirty area of the carpet and wait for 10-15 minutes.
5. Then gently rub the dirty area of the couch with scrub in a circular motion and after that clean the whole couch with a dry cloth and water.
Method 3: Use of dishwashing soap and water:
One can use this home-based couch cleaning method for cleaning the synthetic type of upholstery or couch. It involves the following steps:
1. Blot the dirty or stained area of the couch gently.
2. Take 1 cup of liquid detergent or soap and one and a half cup of warm water and make a mixture of it.
3. Put this solution into the spray bottle and spray it on the dirty area of the couch.
4. Wait for at least 20 minutes and then gently rub the stained area of the couch with a dry cloth.
5. Then blot the dirty area of the couch with a dry cloth and pour some vinegar on it.
6. Wait for a few minutes and the vacuum clean the whole couch or upholstery
Method 4: Use of carpet/ upholstery cleaners or fabric cleaner spray:
One can also use carpet or fabric cleaners to clean the dirty upholstery or couch. It involves the following steps:
1. First blot all the dirty area of the couch with a soft dry cloth and water
2. Then take a carpet or upholstery cleaner spray.
3. Spray this carpet cleaner spray on all the dirty areas of the couch or upholstery at least 4-5 times.
4. Then after a few minutes rub all the dirty areas of the couch with a soft brush.
5. Wash the whole couch with detergent and let the couch dry.
Method 5: Using rubbing alcohol:
For removing very hard or dark stains or spots on the couch like mud stain, grease or food stain, ink stains, etc. one can use this method. It involves the following steps:
1. Blot the dirty area of the couch with water and a soft clean cloth.
2. Take a small amount of rubbing alcohol according to the size of the dirty area of the couch and pour it directly on the couch’s stained areas.
3. Wait for at least 45 minutes and then rub the dirty area of the couch with a sponge for few minutes in a circular motion.
4. Now wash off the whole couch and repeat this process until the couch is not properly cleaned.
Thus these were the various tips and tricks of couch cleaning in the home. One can easily use these methods to properly clean the couch or upholstery. But, if these methods don’t work properly or if one has a lack of time and one is unable to use these methods then don’t worry as they can hire the services of expert upholstery cleaners. Experts like us Melbourne Clean Masters provide the best and effective upholstery or couch cleaning services in Melbourne. Our experts use various chemical and non-chemical solutions to provide the best couch cleaning services. Along with other services like carpet cleaning, mattress cleaning; our experts also provide upholstery cleaning Melbourne services. One just only needed to contact Melbourne Clean Master’s experts and the rest of the headache will be our experts. Moreover, we also provide 100 percent guaranteed upholstery or couch cleaning and couch stain removal services along with other services at affordable rates at the doorstep of the customers.